Half a pound off this week - given my disasters at the weekend, I am more than happy with that. I also wasn't overly good yesterday which is not ideal the day before WI.
Monday night, I left work and set about on the 30 mile journey to my friends house for dinner. Imagine my complete and utter joy when her hubby called me when I was about 3 miles from their house to say that my friend wasn't feeling well and would I mind cancelling..... Grrrr well no I wouldn't, as it can't be helped, but you surely could have given me a little bit more notice. So I turned round and drove home, just what you need on a Monday night, a 60 mile pointless trip and an hour sat in traffic not moving at all.
Yesterday I had an early start for work (6am) so was at home. I was nibbly all day and then stupidly watched This Morning where they made Carbonara.... that was me salivating and craving Carbs and Cream for the rest of the day, fortunately the fridge was bare of cream (or bacon for that matter) so I couldn't do too much damage. I finished work at 130pm and drove over to North London to visit another friend who was over from Prague visiting her parents. Was lovely to catch up as I've not seen her since her Wedding in Prague last Easter and she's managed to produce a son in that time. She did tempt me with some homemade Paneer Samosa's upon arrival which weren't part of the plan, but I managed to deflect the invitation to sample the Keema curry (which I completely love I hasten to add). Dinner was already planned and made, so I knew if I ate curry, I'd probably still go home and have some Shepherds Pie!
So that was a 90 mile round trip for me yesterday, I am done with driving all around the South to catch up with people for this week. The only problem is, I find now that most of my friends have children or are in serious relationships, if I don't make the effort and drive over, I don't see them. I'm not sure that's how it should be really, but I guess it's my choice at the end of the day. Ho Hum.
Another 6am start today but I came into the office so I could go to WI. I'm off at 130pm again so I'll probably have to get myself back to bed as I feel utterly exhausted. I've booked into Spinning tonight and I am determined to make it this time, as painful as it may be.
We are off to the Midlands at the weekend to see Matt's brother, we were supposed to be spending the weekend in Plymouth with friends, but Matt's mother appears to be struggling to cope with even the thought of caring for her son so we're going to have to go up there and see what's what. I think its odds on he'll be coming back down here with us on Sunday so I'd better sort out the spare room and get used to the idea of having a house guest for a few months. I get cabin fever when we have guests for a few days, I'm a bit of a Monica from Friends regarding tidiness and cleaning - totally OTT, so I am going to have to try and relax a little bit!
I'm clearly cranky and tired today, I think I need a lie down.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to comment!