Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Scale YoYo

I made it to the gym last night but my enthusiasm was somewhat lacking. I find Monday's a struggle at the best of times - just getting out of bed is an effort especially when the weather is dreary, whoever decided we should work a 5 day week and have 2 days off was mental. Surely it should be the other way round.

The gym was packed as per the Monday night norm. It's so frustrating and I end up wasting my time wandering around waiting for machines instead of just getting on with my workout so I spend twice as long doing half as much. I think I need to go swimming or attend a class on a Monday from now on.

Dinner was random, I'd taken steak out of the freezer so had that but was really craving rice and veg with curry sauce for some reason - so that became my side dish, I appear to have an addiction to Bisto Chip Shop Curry Sauce at the moment. Worrying. I ended up banking 5 points which still leaves me with 7 to make up - most unlikely today I think but not the end of the world.

One other pleasantry yesterday - after weeks of trying, I've finally managed to find myself a pair of Slouch fit jeans in a size 20. Nothing majorly exciting clearly but it had become somewhat of a mission. Nowhere seems to have this style anymore, and I am all for the skinny jean, but with my thighs, you sometimes just need something a bit more roomy. Good old Matalan came up trumps. I was cursing in Next as they sell up to a size 24 - but not in store. Clearly they don't want fat bottomed women cluttering their ailses.

I had a little bit of scale trauma this morning, I hopped on to see if there was any movement - and there was, 4lbs up. Cue me running around the bathroom in some sort of mad woman fashion and proclaiming a deep hatred for my body. Jumped back on and I was only 2lbs up. Still mad woman stylee. Stomped off to the shower and decided to give the scales another go - same weight I was last week. WTF is that all about?? These are WW scales and they hadn't moved in between my flailing around - unless of course all my stomping caused me to shed a few pounds. So not sure what to expect tomorrow really. Fingers crossed the scales are kind.

Off to my friend's house for dinner tonight but she has promised me WW friendly fare so all should be good. One day at a time etc. etc.

5 comments:

  1. lol.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sneaks a peak at the scales then runs around the house like a woman gone mad.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booo to stupid unreliable scales and their ability to make us feel bad - they suck!!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow and getting closer to that 50lbs off! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the scales when they are like that!!! I behave a like a toddler when they don't say what I want them to!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I made it to the gym last night but my enthusiasm was somewhat lacking. I find Monday's a struggle at the best of times - just getting out of bed is an effort especially when the weather is dreary, whoever decided we should work a 5 day week and have 2 days off was mental. Surely it should be the other way round."

    This 1st paragraph hooked me. I just wrote a post about this sort of thing... attacking the "habit" thing, talking about CREATING NEW RATHER THAN CHANGING.

    I think you'd be interested. Let me know what you think.

    Great job on your journey. Tough, though, yeah?

    Dayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scales in my bathroom tell me I'm half a stone to 11 lbs heavier than the ones at the gym - we're no longer on speaking terms.

    Good post - keep going!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!