Friday, 12 February 2010

Day 3 and crunchy knees

I had a visit to the Osteopath last night before I met the girls as I have issues with my shoulder - years of carrying a stupidly oversized and overstuffed handbag I think. She's also been looking at my ankle which I've managed to damage on numerous occasions. Whilst I was there last night she noticed that my knee was making a pretty horrendous crunching sound when I bend... I had noticed it myself but reckoned it was nowt to concern myself with. Anyway, apparently ones knees shouldn't make that noise so I need to sort it out. I'm all out of kilter from the ankle and I need to strengthen my knees and my thighs. She told me to do a bit more leg work in the gym instead of just cardio so I need to make more of an effort on that front. I don't want to end up with some form of malformed knee or something equally as hideous... (ok... maybe a slight over reaction)

Food has been fairly good today, I am trying to bank a few points again for tomorrow if alcohol is to be involved.

Breakfast

2 Crumpets with 2 tsps butter (4.5)



Please ignore the builders table - my friend is currently without a kitchen!

Mid Morning

Cup of Coffee and an Apple (0.5)


Lunch

Went to the pub with the girls from work - whilst they all ordered burgers and chips - I went for the mushroom soup. Much food envy on my behalf it has to be said. I only had one slice of the bread and no butter... booooooo. Soup was creamless apparently - and fairly tasteless to boot! I reckon about 3.5 points based on Wetherspoons Mushroom soup which is 2.5 without bread and butter..



Mid afternoon

Starving after that tasteless soup episode. A cup of manky tea (I am out of Red Bush tea bags so using the machine) and a WW Triple Chocolate Bar, plus the other 13g of Lemon Salted Almonds from Wednesday which I snaffled before I managed to photograph (2.5 points for both). Knee exercises from the Osteopath in the background.


Dinner

Chinese Take Away from the Kitchen of Linz....
Egg 'Fried' Rice (2.5) - Rice dry fried with mushrooms, leeks, soy sauce and an egg
Beef Curry (3) - Beef with mushrooms and onions and Sharwoods Cantonese Curry Sauce (only 3.5 for the whole jar)
Sweet Chilli Prawns (2.5) - 1/2 a box from Iceland - a bargain at £2!
Sticky Chicken (2) - Otherwise know as Diet Coke Chicken - 1 chicken breast, mushrooms, onions, diet coke, tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce and a dash of sweet chilli sauce.

Et Voila - my very own chinese buffet for a bargainous 10 points!

Normally on a Friday we eat out or get a takeaway, but in my determination to be more in control I decided to chef! I originally thought I would eat half of everything I cooked (15 points) but I really didn't need it.

Which left me enough points for a Weight Watchers Toffee Apple Crumble (3)


So 24/26 points plus 1 BP from the Wii (didn't do as much as planned as I was bloody famished). Another fairly successful day. I am on a blooming roll here people.

4 comments:

  1. Wetherspoons is a nightmare for tasteless low point food - the only going thing I have found is there pasta with tomato sauce but it is v.spicy!!!
    Have a good weekend!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go - love your Chinese buffet - looks awesome. And look after those knees - I work with a very overweight lady whose knee is stuffed - she's had surgery but it doesn't seem to have helped (don't suppose carrying a lot of excess weight on them helps much either) but I see how much pain she is constantly in. Have a great weekend Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not seen WW crumble before. I'll be looking out for them!! Good to see you're staying on track. Keep it up and enjoy your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My knees make a crunching sound too and I have blissfully ignored it so far. How bad is it? If you figure out anything that helps, let me know!

    Well done on another good food day!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!