After an afternoon snooze, I set off to Spinning. I had zero enthusiasm and did consider 'accidentally' turning off my alarm so I missed the class.... but the thought of my fat backside got the better of me and I went. Now, given I've not been anywhere near a bike for about 2 months, I knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience.... that was before I encountered Satan in female form. Seriously, this woman was totally mental. "Now come on people lets warm up at level 12 - 14" Are you kidding me??? I get to level 14 when I am really working hard and it's a bloody struggle I can tell you. She had us doing manically fast press ups whilst trying to cycle on level 24 at a speed of 75 - seriously not possible for anyone other than Lance Armstrong I reckon and even then, I don't think he'd be overly impressed.
After that it was deemed a good idea to head to the pub for rehydration purposes. What is not so good is I seem to have rediscovered my ability to drink alcohol. Much vodka and wine and then tapas also seemed to make their way into my mouth. Wednesday's always seem to lead to me over indulging (along with weekends and probably most days at the minute) since it's WI day. I need to get that under a bit more control. I've changed my online tracker so Wednesday is now the last day of my week instead of the first - as I seem to have this mental issue that if I start off the week badly, it goes forever downhill. I know I am only kidding myself as a bad Wednesday will still have an impact, but hopefully I'll stay on track a bit better. Let's see anyway.
I will be saintly today, porridge with raisins and an apple for breakfast, homemade tuna pasta salad for lunch and steak and salad for dinner. Points banked and possibly a bit of Wii 'Just Dance' later. I don't think my body will forgive me if I subject it to the gym again today. If I go spinning tomorrow night and its the same woman, I may well have to excuse myself and go for a little saunter on the treadmill instead.
Hello....
ReplyDeleteYou will surely have offset some of the indulgence with your manic spinning, so that's a comfort.
ReplyDeleteToday sounds lovely food-wise, so a couple more like that and the indulgence will be wiped out.
Maybe you should give yourself another monster hangover to put you off alcohol again? Constructive advice, that's me! ;o)
I´m so with you there. I have days like that. But I think it´s all about, not to let it become the norm again. WE can´t all be saints all the time!
ReplyDelete