So breakfast and lunch were planned but dinner was an unknown....
Breakfast
2 Hovis Best of Both toasted (2.5) with 2 tsps of Lurpak Light (1.5) 1 egg scrambled (1.5) and mushrooms.

Mid Morning
A cup of coffee with a teaspoon of Sugar free Hazelnut Syrup (lush) and 1 WW Toffee Cookie. (1)
I love Skinny Hazlenut Lattes, but most of the coffee places near me don't have Sugar Free Syrups so I started buying this, not cheap but saves me a fortune in the long run at Starbucks as you get about 100 coffees out of this bottle. There are no NV's but I googled it and the calories are minimal so a point free coffee treat. Get in!

Lunch
70g Dried Pasta (3.5 points) served with a creamy mushroom, leek and onion sauce (0.5) and 15g of Parmesan (1.5). Dry fry mushrooms, onions and leeks add a little bit of stock and simmer until reduced. Stir in a bit of parsley, salt and pepper and 30ml of Alpro Soya Single Cream (tastes very much like soya on its own, but in sauces etc adds a nice creamy texture). Large glass of water and a sugar free jelly.

Dinner
Didn't go as well as anticipated as I was out with the girls. We started off at Caroline's with some Dorito's and a glass of wine - I only had a small few as I was very conscious of not being the pig who ate them all and a very small glass of wine. I noticed that my two skinny friends didn't seem consumed by the food in front of them and only took the odd one here and there. I wish I found food that easy to resist!

We then ended up in a French restaurant. I asked the waiter for the best options from the menu and he told me none of it was healthy... helpful!
So, I had French Onion Soup but I left the best bit - i.e. the cheesey bread - not easy. Look at how tempting that is!

For main I opted for Coq Au Vin as it was the only thing that didn't seem to have cream or lashings of butter on the menu. I was told this came with "Just Veg".... well if you call extremely buttery mashed potato, french beans in a bearnaise sauce and peas with cream and bacon "Just Veg" then you'd be right! So I had half the Coq Au Vin, 1 spoonful of Mash, a spoonful of the peas and 3 beans.... Plus 2 glasses of wine. I've tried to point as best I can and I think about 22 for all of that? That uses up most of my banked points from Wednesday but still leaves me a couple to play with.

So not a disaster, but not the best ever. We're staying in tonight so I am going to cook something healthy to bank a few points for tomorrow. I've planned 30 minutes on the Wii. I did intend to go to the gym, but I stayed over in Twickenham last night and hadn't packed my gym kit (obviously an oversight and not a deliberate attempt at sabotaging myself!!) I know for a fact I won't go home and get it then head back out.
Tomorrow we are off to the footy to watch Reading v West Brom. Matt is over the moon to have a game in Reading for once. I think it is shaping up to be a fairly boozy day, but I am not overly up for drinking a skinful so hopefully I won't stray too far off track! Wish me luck :)
Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI think you did really well, with the options available - I doubt I would have been able to resist those veg.
I didn't know there was a soya cream. I haven't yet venture beyond using the soya light in my porridge - creamy and vanilla-ey, so no need for sugar. Thanks for the tip, and also for the hazlenut syrup one. I must get some of that, as I love hazlenut coffees too.
Have fun at the footie.
Well done!! The pasta sounds yummy - will def look for the cream.
ReplyDeleteHave fun tomorrow - good luck!
Claire xx
Oh god, I love French Onion Soup. Keep telling myself to make some here. Of course without the butter and with low fat cheese!
ReplyDeleteI´m always startled, how people can be unphased (is that the right spelling?) by yummy foods. I have to put all my willpower into not diving into it.
By the way, I´m happy too, that Albions play at Reading tomorrow, because they were supposed to have a League game at home, which would have meant, that I have to work. A Saturday off! Yippie!!!