Monday, 12 October 2009

Slightly improved

After the excesses of Friday and Saturday I was a bit more determined to be good yesterday. I was still totally shattered however, alcohol really does take it out of you. Maybe it's a sign of old age that my hangovers seem to last a hell of a lot longer.

Foodwise I was pretty good, had a late breakfast which meant I skipped lunch. That probably wasn't the best plan since I then went for a 45 minute swim. I felt a bit shaky afterwards, but I'm not sure if that was me being out of practice, or lack of food. I swim at a snails pace though so I don't ever feel like I've done a lot, but I really couldn't face doing anything else. I'd slow cookered some pork yesterday morning so that was dinner sorted, but I was seriously lacking energy for the rest of the day. I ended up sacking off the pub quiz and collapsing on the sofa. Is that still the alcohol from Friday zapping my energy or did I push myself too hard in the pool? (unlikely since I was practically being overtaken by a 3 year old!)

I've been summoned tonight for a flat meeting which I could well do without, my flat is 45 miles away from where we live now so a 90 mile round trip on a Monday evening is not ideal. It's likely to be a pointless exercise as well, given the guy who owns the flat which is causing us the problems with his tenants is away on business. Goody. I have managed to book myself in for a massage beforehand though, my shoulders are killing me today - clearly swimming is not good for me.

One of my best friends got enagaged at the weekend - so pleased for her as she is over the moon. Slightly jealous also since Matt's stance on getting married doesn't change, it's unlikely that I'll ever be next :(

All in all, I have little to report! Let's hope I can stay on track for the next few days so that Wednesday won't be too awful!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your friend - but consider your good points - you have a Matt, and that's pretty damn good - and one better than me! At least your friends aren't trying to matchmake with every available single male as if you're a project, and in some way inferior for being single!!

    Swimming makes me feel like lead afterwards too - don't know why, I think it's the effect of a) using a whole bunch of muscles I don't usually use, and b) being in "zero gravity" for a space of time and then having to get out and use my legs to hold me up! Tis very good for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon it was the booze, not the swimming! I always feel like I could sleep for a week after a night on the jungle juice. Someone once told me it was because sleep when you're drunk isn't real sleep.... I'm not sure if that is true but it is an excuse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!