Thank crunchie it's Friday. It's been a long old week, work was manic yesterday but I managed to sneak out on time to make it to Yoga. I nearly bottled it when I got there and saw all these slinky types with their own yoga mats and perfectly made up faces, but I thought sod it, I am booked in so I am blooming well going to do it.
Apparently it's normal to sweat during a Dynamic Yoga class - which is pretty reassuring given I was fairly glowing! The teacher explained that it was a combination of "traditional yoga postures with fluid movement and key breathing techniques." Hmmmm, whatever that means. The result is a pretty full on Yoga class, you go from one movement to the next without really stopping - and some of those positions are flipping hard going! I'm not fast enough to get from standing to downward dog to upward dog in a matter of seconds as was required, but I gave it a go! My muscles definitely feel it today but I am glad I went and was also glad not to be the only person in the class struggling with some of the positions, being skinny does not necessarily mean you have good balance.
The next 2 days are going to be a bit beyond my control on the food front. I've a pub lunch today and then tonight we're off to my friend Caroline's house for dinner to celebrate her birthday. The last time we were all round there, I recall we polished off about 20 bottles of wine and numerous bottles of spirits. Ouch. Tomorrow night Matt and I have been invited to my other friend Caroline's for dinner as well. They've 2 children so don't often get out and are therefore well up for a few beverages with us... could be dangerous also.
I'm going to try and get to the gym tomorrow, I may be fairly hungover but I'll need the activity points to counteract some of the alcohol I will have consumed. We may get a game of tennis in on Sunday and then we have the pub quiz to attend. We need to capitalise on last weeks winning streak.
Right, need to get back on with the dullness that is work so I can leave at a reasonable time today. Have a good one y'all.
So are you going to do yoga again? That's the real question. I think I'm going to be crying by the time the weekend is done, I'm going to have eaten so much. Bugger.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think I will do. I can definitely see the benefits of it and I feel like I've worked. I think in conjunction with cardio, it could be a winner.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the weekend, I am hoping I can maintain some self control!
Yoga sounds good, well done. Whats next on the agenda? Sounds like you have a full n fun weekend ahead of you, great! Have fun xx
ReplyDeleteHope your hangover is easing (just saw your tweet!)
ReplyDelete