Friday, 6 August 2010

Day 3, a much improved Friday.

Managed to drag my sorry ass (that should maybe read sore-y as it's still bloody painful - ha, do you see what I did there?) out of bed this morning to do the hill of hell. 5 times. This is the view from the bottom... does it look hard work? Because, believe me, to a 17 stone something woman, it feels it! I even... wait for it... RAN half way up on the final trek. Me and running will never be friends, FACT. However, walking is something I am starting to like - being outside when the world is quiet and getting a little bit of a workout - well what's not to like? (clearly my opinion will change when the weather gets worse and it's dark of a morning.)

I've ordered Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred as I've heard it's meant to be a killer. I figure I can fit in 20 minutes before work most days so in theory, I should be able to manage this. Although I fear it may finish me off.

Breakfast today was one of my favourites (Sorry Peridot). Toasted Parma Ham, Cheese and Spinach Sandwich with Extra Light Mayo and a couple of basil leaves (3.5). With 2 Bear Fruit YoYo's (1) and a cuppa.


Lunch was left over Chilli (7.5) and Spinach. A few more points than I would have liked for lunch, but delicious and it would have been wrong to waste it. Bottle of Skinny Water as well which I really enjoy, don't think it's making me overly skinny however!




Mid afternoon I had some wasapeas from my Graze Box (2.5) (Use code N4D9KJ1 if you want to try a free Graze Box) Man, some of these were hot, proper nose soreness! I had tears at one point. Lovely though (am I a sadist?) and a bit better for me than the crisps I was contemplating...


The battle of the food table goes on, I managed to ignore these for most of the day. Hard work and I don't even have a sweet tooth. At around 3pm, I caved and had a bite of one.... 1.5 points wasted. A whole one (ring doughnut) is 4 points so I am thinking I had about a third. No idea why I had any of it, I am not even keen. Gah!

Upon leaving work I popped to buy a bottle of wine to accompany dinner (it's Friday after all) and I was asked for ID! Apparently you have to look over 25 to purchase wine. As a 34 year old 'girl', I was over the bloody moon. I could have kissed the checkout assistant. Last time I was asked or ID, I was 19.

For dinner, Matt was meant to cook. Well that was always a long shot. His mate called us at 6ish and invited us out for Thai, so clearly the decision was easy, possible food poisoning or nice food?

So I tried to be restrained. 1 prawn toast, 1 sweetcorn fritter affair and a Chicken Satay.

Followed by: 1 spoonful of sticky rice, mixed vegetables, 1 spoonful of chicken curry and a bit of steak with black pepper. Washed down with a glass of wine (fairly large). How on earth do I point that??


I think around 10-12 points - most probably more? Which clearly takes me over for the day, but by recent standards, that's bloody good. Oh and going out meant we had to do the hill for the sixth time.... so at least half a bonus point earnt there.

Tomorrow we are off to Cafe Rouge in Wokingham to meet friends for lunch. I thought I'd be able to find something fairly healthy on their menu, but checking my Eating Out Guide is a bit of an eye opener (this is progress, I am never normally this prepared.) Steak Frites is 18 points, Croque Monsieur is 13 and Fish Cakes -which for some reason I thought would be ok - 23 points?! So, I have decided to go for French Onion Soup (2.5) followed by Chicken Caesar Salad (8). I'm stating this now so I have to choose that and take a photo to prove it ;)

So, 3 days down, 4 to go. I'm going to attempt to make them good ones. Have fabulous weekends Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!