Monday, 9 August 2010

A good food day and a busted ankle (again)

I was in bed very early night last night (9pm) and I still feel totally shattered today. Drinking is not big or clever. Fact.

I'm trying to be much better today and eat a bit more healthily but food shopping yesterday didn't happen (due to lethargy) so it was a make do situation this morning. A roll with one chopped hard boiled egg and extra low fat mayo with Spinach (4.5). Litre of water and the obligatory cuppa.


For lunch I popped to my friend Sarah's house (the same friend who we were very drunk with on Saturday) apparently her hubby was as ill as us yesterday so he wasn't overly popular with a baby daughter to contend with. I don't think hangovers and children go together too well. Our friend Caroline had popped over to see Sarah as well so we had a lovely lunch and a catch up.

On my plate: small spoonful of reduced fat coleslaw, houmous, red onion marmalade, carrot sticks, red pepper, cucumber, beetroot and lettuce with 2 small slices of wholemeal pitta, extra mature cheddar and a small slice of crustless quiche (8 ish)

Shame I only had an hour really, would have been nice to spend a good few hours nattering with the girlies.

Mid afternoon I had 400g of Melon (1.5). I wouldn't normally buy pre-packed fruit because it's so expensive, but this was reduced to clear.


I need to reign in my spending the next few months as my tenants have officially moved out and whilst the flat is up for sale, I am having to cover the Mortgage and council tax until my friend moves in for a bit in September. Not sure how to reign in said spending when I have so much coming up over the next few weeks. Friends BBQ at the weekend - should be fairly cheap, following weekend I have my sisters Hen do in Benalmadena (won't be at all cheap), after that we are off to Stow-on-the-Wold for a weekend (probably not cheap either) and then we go on holiday. Hmmmm. May need to have a major sort out tonight and get some stuff on eBay or offer to sell my body for medical research purposes.

Dinner tonight was Lamb Massaman (7.5) bulked out with mushrooms and onions and a few potatoes to keep the lamb content down - I stole the lovely Laura's idea of using Cauliflower instead of rice to try and keep my points down. All in all, not a bad day on the food front.

On my way home from work I managed to bust my sodding ankle again, I stood on a small stone in the car park and the bloody thing sprained once again. I'm at a total loss as to what to do with it now, that's 6 times I've sprained it. Perhaps I need to get back to physio and get it looked at again. Does anyone have any tips for strengthening my ankle? It's obviously so blooming weak now. Very frustrating. I'll just have to strap it up tomorrow and go walking anyway.

Fingers crossed the scales are kind to me tomorrow night, I'll be most unhappy if one day of boozy excess has ruined my fairly hard work.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh painful - sorry about your ankle. I think you definitely need that looking at - maybe try your GP first. I would take it easy for a few days too. Shouldn't say it but your hangover story was amusing - I ask myself why each time and I should certainly know better at my age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch - hope your ankle feeling better this morning. I've got a weak left ankle from where I sprained it years ago and every so often it just seems to go. Maybe a physio would be helpful.

    I fully sympathise with the hangover tales - they sadly seem to get worse as one gets older. If I remember, a pint of water with a Berocca tablet before I go to bed works wonders for the morning after - but the point is remembering!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathies on the ankle front - I too have dodgy ankles (although, thank god, not cankles - I'll take the aesthetic over the practical, thanks very much!) There are exercises you can do but you'd be better having these shown to you by a physio. The one I remember is to raise up onto tiptoe, hold it and then lower down again slowly (harder than it sounds). I used to do it whilst cleaning my teeth. But I shouldn't do anything until your ankle is better again though.

    Good luck with the SoD - let us know how you got on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!