Friday night we stayed in, Matt cooked dinner which was lovely - all WW friendly, bless him and it made a nice change to be waited on. I am apparently a bit of a control freak in the kitchen and kept checking up on him, but he did me proud. Stuffed Lamb with Veg and Swede and Carrot Mash and a couple of glasses of wine.
Yesterday we got up and had bacon sandwiches and milky coffees at home before heading off on a 3 mile walk. It was pouring down with rain (feels like bloody winter) but with our umbrella's up, it was actually really nice to be outside.
When we got home, I decided it would be a good idea to dye my ridiculously blonde eyelashes. I am now practically blinded and need to repaint the en-suite due to dye dripping down the flipping walls. I am definitely not destined for a career in beauty.
After that we headed over to one of my best friend's houses in Twickenham for a BBQ. Despite the rain, they were well and truly prepared for an amazing BBQ. Tarpaulin covering the whole garden and delicious food (home made burgers, marinated chicken and lamb, salad and fresh breads - gorgeous) . I didn't eat millions, but me and Caroline seemed to make our way through a fair amount of Prosecco (started at 5pm and finished at 2am!!) Despite a full shift boozing, I feel completely fine today. My vow to never drink again after last Saturday appears to be long forgotten.
Today has been a bit of a lazy day, we had breakfast with Caroline and Thomas at a lovely delicatessen called Zoran's in St. Margarets near Twickenham. I had French toast with crispy pancetta which was A-MAZING and then drove home to do very little.... well, I attempted to patch up the bathroom after the dye incident, but we probably shouldn't mention that.... I now need to remove paint from various places about my body and the bathroom floor.
So, tomorrow, back to tracking 100%. A 3 mile walk in the morning is arranged. Breakfast and lunch are prepared. All should be good.
I hear you on the eyelash thing! As a pale redhead, my eyelashes and eyebrows are almost invisible. I do dye my eyebrows but wouldn't dare to do my own eyelashes and mostly am just never parted from mascara.
ReplyDeleteI too haven't pointed over the weekend - and had an unfortunate fudge incident - but also a 14.5 mile walk which nearly killed me but hopefully bought me more than enough lassitude (yeah, I know, dangerous thinking but really...)
Sounds like a great weekend! I still haven't managed to get to a bbq this summer and I think the summer is on its way out now well and truly! x
ReplyDelete