Thursday, 26 August 2010

Yesterdays food - kind of on track....

I worked from home yesterday due to a very early start (630am). 20 minutes of Jillian done - with new hand weights, which definitely made a difference. My arms are not overly happy with me today. Washing my hair this morning was a bit of an effort.

Our fridge is not overly full at the moment since we are away for the weekend, so breakfast was a make do (although one of my favourites). A savoury pancake made with 1 egg, 2 level tbsp of flour, water (the milk had turned to cottage cheese) and salt, cooked in half a teaspoon of lurpak lighter (5 points).


Lunch was a delicious chicken tikka kathi kebab with mixed salad, a little bit of Citrus Kick cous cous and a dollop of extra light mayo (4.5 in total perhaps). I've had to guess the kebab points, but it's just chicken tikka and onions in a small tortilla affair which I cooked in the oven - wasn't at all greasy. Could be a massive underestimate!


Last night I headed into London to my Spanish friends flat for dinner. I walked to the station in the pouring rain and ended up completely drenched, but it was a bit of exercise all the same. Note to self, don't wear plimsolls and long jeans when it's raining, you will end up more soaked than a soaked thing.

Marisa had cooked tapas which was amazing, but a bit difficult to point, although I did ask her what was in everything to get a bit of an idea.


I had 2 glasses of red wine with cloudy lemonade (tinto de verano apparently) - this is gorgeous. 4 points maybe? Definitely a new drink for the future.


Followed by a slice of toasted bread with tomato and garlic (2). So simple, yet lovely.


Gazpacho served with chopped egg and ham - the ingredients were all free apart from some oil and the toppings so I think about 2 points perhaps?? I need to make this, it was so lovely.


I then had 1 slice of Spanish Omelette (eggs, potatoes and onion) and some tuna empanada - tuna with peppers, onions and tomato in filo pastry brushed with egg - 8 points in total perhaps?

I am on 26 points a day (well officially 27 given the weight gain this week, but I am not giving into that) so I think I am alright, who knows though?!

Hopefully another good day to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the sound of the red wine and cloudy lemonade drink! Well done for getting back on track so quickly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ignoring the sacrilege of putting lemonade in wine or I'd have an anxiety attack.

    BUT that pancake looks delish - what do you have on it? Where did you get the idea?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!