I wanted to have a really good week (on account of the impending Hen Do and Toga Saga), but I seem to have some sort of mental blockage which has made me crave all sorts of crap and my willpower to resist said crap seems to be somewhat lost.
I've managed to walk past Greggs on a daily basis for the past 2 years and ignore the call of pastry (for the record, I loved pastry, possibly why I was nearly 21 stone). However this morning, having forgotten my breakfast, I seemed to be unable to ignore the call of Satan's Shop. Half a very greasy and congealed Cheesey thing later, I felt sick and threw it away. It was awful. Lesson Learnt. BUT, I still bought it, I still ate half of it and I am still annoyed.
Last night as well, I popped to the supermarket to buy some healthy items for lunches this week - I think they are called vegetables. Somehow I was seduced into buying 10 Onion Bahji's for £1 from the Deli Counter. I convinced myself they were a bargain and for Matt and I could have one only and the rest were strictly out of bounds. So, I obviously had 4 and then couldn't have any dinner as I felt stuffed and had no points left anyway. Clever Lindsey, very clever.
Today, I think I've become a bit slapdash as I know I can't get to WI tonight. I want to lose weight so I can't understand the self sabotage. I am resorting to taking photos for the next few days of everything that I eat once again as it might shock me into being less of a lard arse.
On the positive side, I am wearing a shirt dress today in a size 18 which I couldn't fasten when I bought it. I've only lost a few pounds since then, but I am thinking the walking may have toned up the lard arse a bit. My 30 Day Shred DVD has also arrived, so that commences tomorrow...
Expect a few photos from here on in so you can monitor me and chastise me for being a pig.
I will be better.
Aw, sweetie, you're being way too hard on yourself. It's sad to see you call yourself names like that... give yourself a big hug and hope you feel more positive soon xxx
ReplyDeleteI understand you absolutely - there's a rational part of your brain which tells you should do this - shouldn't do that and it thinks it's not that hard BUT then there's other side of you which is governed by memories, tastes, smells and appetite - makes life bloody difficult. But you're thinking about it and aware and that's half the battle. Hang in there kiddo Zxx
ReplyDeletethat's the thing- these things never taste as good as you think they will!the hard part is reminding yourself when you're tempted!that's so hard for me!
ReplyDeletedon't worry about the small things though. you're doing really well!
But look at the positives - you only ate half the pasty, and you ate 4 bhajis and then didn't eat a meal on top of them. I don't about you but in the past I would have been quite capable of eating half a pack of bhajis and then moving on to dinner - and I certainly wouldn't have wasted pastry - even if it did taste lardy and horrid.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant NSV with the shirt dress - well done, and keep going!
Sx