Thursday, 26 August 2010

Reading Festival Hell

I am currently suffering from the torture that is the Reading Festival. This morning it took me 45 minutes to travel 0.3 miles thanks to ridiculous amounts of people trying to get to the Festival. It takes place about half a mile from our flat (as the crow flies) with just the River Thames in between us. At the other end of our once tranquil (shared) garden you can hear the thud of extremely loud music and the festival doesn't start until tomorrow. Am I getting old or what??


I hate it, at risk of sounding like a right killjoy, our town becomes a traffic nightmare, the noise is horrendous and the amount of people (quite smelly by the Sunday) is just ridiculous. You can't buy anything 'normal' in any of the shops, it's all Pot Noodles and Beer. Fortunately we are going away Saturday morning (to escape it), but I've still got to try and get to work tomorrow... Bah Humbug!

Anyway, enough of my whining. Another fairly good day for me today. I could actually be back on track.

Breakfast was left over Tuna Empanada from last night. Not really a normal breakfast choice, but it's a make do situation once again (3)

Mid Morning I was a bit peckish so I had a WW Chocolate Caramel Whip bar (1.5). I quite like these, but don't have a massively sweet tooth so they have been in my drawer for ages (unlike crisps which I demolish within seconds). I really need to get a bit healthier with my snacks.


Lunch was Salad of Watercress, Spinach, Beetroot, Cherry Tomatoes and Red Pepper, with 40g of Salad Cheese and some cous cous (3.5) - and a can of Diet Lemonade. I need to substitute the Pop for water. That will be tomorrow's task.

Mid afternoon I gave into the crisp addiction and had a packet of Frisps (2.5) and a bit later on 9 lychees for 0.5 points. How bargainous is that? Careful though, have 10 and it's a point :)

Dinner was Rib Eye Steak served with Roasted Veggies and a few crispy potato slices (11). Rib Eye Steak is very pointy, but totally delicious so worth it every now and then. One of my most favourite dinners.


22/26. That will do nicely.

I had to give Jillian a miss as I am hurting from the past couple of days and totally knackered. Tomorrow morning I will definitely partake.

5 comments:

  1. Your doing really well considering your having to eat stuff up before you go away, well done! That steak looks blooming lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, I love eating non breakfasty food for breakfast sometimes!

    Well done for getting right back on track, you're doing so well and fingers crossed the scales will be back down to where they should be next week.

    Hope your journey to work is not too bad today - we've had to change our route in the last few morning to escape the massive congestion caused by the Leeds Festival so I do feel your pain a little!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leeds festival is doing my head in!!! Sorry for that out burst but I'm right with both you and Seren on this one!

    That steak looks like a very yummy scrummy tea, I think I'll make that one night

    Hope the music isn't too loud, enjoy your weekend away

    Lex xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanks for stopping by the blog! your days looks pretty good, sorry your sore from shredding, you'll be good to go tomo though i'm sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at your reading festival rant, I did exactly the same last week about V- but come the sunday I was one of those soapy festival goers myself lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!