Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Grumpy superwoman

Yesterday was a busy day. I was on my own at work (there are normally 4 of us) so I was very much in demand. I'm not normally one to complain about that, but I was too tired to be bothered with people yesterday after a hectic weekend. Grumpy mare.

I did an 11 hour day at work, went to the bank and the chemist, did a full on food shop, cooked dinner and prepared lunch for today, 2 loads of washing, washed and hung out, emptied and refilled the dishwasher and then listened to my darling boyfriend complain about how tired he was from working that day when he got in. Sometimes one wonders if we are on the same planet.

Food last night was a Pork Chop, Kale, Mushrooms, Onions and a couple of Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Puds with Bisto. Lovely. I spent the afternoon trying to ignore the mini chocolate coated doughnuts on the food table at work. I am sure the boys I work with revel in seeing me struggle around such treats.

Today has been ok - except a minor run in with a Sainsbury's Chocolate Chip Cookie (I couldn't resist the food table today, I am broken). Breakfast was Reduced Fat Pate on Wholemeal toast and Lunch was Creamy Mushroom Pasta. I now cannot eat or drink for the next 5 hours in case it affects my WI tonight. I know that's not going to be good anyway, but I am hopeful it won't be overly terrible. I didn't get up for a walk this morning as we both completely slept through the alarm - something that I hardly ever do, but it seems more frequent these days when trying to get up and exercise. Even my subconscious is lazy.

Tonight we are thinking of going to the Cinema to see Inception, but I am fairly convinced I'll nod off during it - and I hear it's not the sort of film you want to be snoozing in. Anyway, I am off on an incoherent ramble here so I shall bid you farewell.

Back later with the results from the Scales.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh just reading that has made me feel tired. Think you need a sit down!

    Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at your weigh in later - I'm sure you'll do fine.

    Hope you enjoy Inception and don't fall asleep (unless its crap of course, but I have heard good reviews) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your WI went well! I don't think your subconscious is so much lazy as absolutely knackered, and anyway, sleep is just as good for weight loss as walking (she said, hopefully).

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also thinking of you in your encounter with the dreaded Scales of Doom - am rooting for you!

    love
    Peridot

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Inception was total rubbish, so I'd put a bet on you falling asleep during it after about 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!