Monday, 9 August 2010

Hangover at the Hind's Head. (Day 5)

As you may have guessed from my last post, yesterday was a bit of a write off. I was soooo hungover. I just cannot drink like I used to. I don't think it was overly clever of me to have a salad and then nothing else but booze and expect to feel ok the next day. Anyway, after a few false starts yesterday, I managed to get up and out and off to the Hind's Head in Bray for Alex's Birthday lunch.

Thankfully everyone at lunch was a little bit worse for wear so I didn't feel too bad. You'd think we'd all know better at our age.

I really like the Hind's Head, it was packed which I guess is not unusual for a Sunday afternoon and the menu was really good. It was difficult to know what to order. Anyway, I started with one of Heston's Scotch Eggs. AMAZING. This was blooming lovely. I am not sure of the points - perhaps around 4 or 5.

For Main course, I had the Roast Beef. I asked for an extra Yorkshire Pudding (I could exist on them alone) tried to eat as much Veg as I could and only had one of the delicious Roast Potatoes. I guestimated around 12 points for this.


Thankfully food assisted the hangover a little bit and I no longer felt like I might projectile vomit at any moment... TMI? :)

Spent the rest of the afternoon lazing around the flat. Matt was in a bad way as well so we just lounged on the sofa watching rubbish TV. Most enjoyable.

We ended up sharing a Pizza Express American Pizza for dinner (6 points for half) as it was in the freezer and I just wasn't capable of cooking anything 'proper'.

So, I think yesterday was ok from a points perspective - if not my most healthy day. Saturday was most definitely not good from an alcohol perspective and I really don't know where I am at now. Most probably there is a bit of a deficit over the week, but a couple of good days should see me alright.

Fingers crossed.

P.S. I am never drinking again.....

3 comments:

  1. I think you did really well - sounds like you resisted the dreaded hangover munchies for the most part. That Scotch Egg looked absolutely fab!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum to that Scotch egg too.

    And I have my fingers crossed for you.

    But do I believe you about never drinking again? Hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!