Today I am not sure if I am hungry or I feel sick. I am sure by the age of 34 I should be able to distinguish between the two. I felt queasy all morning (I am definitely not with child or hungover) which has been a little bit unpleasant, but my meagre ration at lunchtime seems to have perked me up a bit.
I made this Peach, Parma Ham and Gruyere Salad (I've downloaded the Waitrose App on my iPhone which is dangerous, it's not like it's a cheap place to shop) and this morning when I brought it to work, the leaves seem to have completely disappeared. I presume it's something to do with the dressing breaking them down or summat (clearly I know nowt), but I literally had about 2 forkfuls. Not overly satisfying, but tasty all the same. I drastically cut down the oil in the dressing so it worked out at 3.5 points for the (not a) lot. Will definitely try it again - but may bring the dressing separately in future to avoid baby portions. Fortunately I have a fruit YoYo to tide me over for 5 mins or so before I start attacking the cabbage I've bought to accompany dinner later.
No plans this evening for once - Matt is apparently cooking, which means I buy something he can stick in the oven and he plates it up (stuffed lamb breast, do lamb's have breasts??), although we tried this last week and ended up at our local Thai. Tomorrow we're off to Twickenham for a BBQ and that is about it. In theory, I should be ok on the diet front. Need to try and get some walking in. I did 100 squats last night and 80 sit ups this morning, but that's not really good enough is it? I don't find torrential rain makes me want to get myself out pounding the streets.
Ok and now a mini non-diet related rant, feel free to stop reading now. I have been a landlord for the last 2 years (not something I really wanted to do, but needs must) and last night I popped over to my flat to take a few bits over for my friend who moves in at the end of the month whilst it's on the market and not selling any time soon, Goddamn recession. My flat is the top floor of a Victorian Conversion with a shared hallway with 2 other flats.
If you rented a flat, and post arrived at that address not for you, would it really be that difficult to pop it back in the postbox marked return to sender or would you just leave it all piled up in the hallway making the place resemble a Royal Mail sorting office?? And if the lights in the shared hallway needed new bulbs (you can't actually see my front door if the light is off, Lord knows how my tenants ever got in) would you not spend a few pence and replace them? And if a couple of lights in the flat had gone too - would you not do the same?? Bearing in mind I bought 5 bulbs for 99p in the 99p shop yesterday. Harumph. I spent about half an hour last night sorting through 2 years worth of post (it actually filled a bin liner) and another 10 minutes today sticking it all back in the post box. Royal Mail will love me. Clearly this is not worth getting myself wound up about, but it's a slow news day in Linzerello land so forgive me.
Right then, rant over, that's it from me, toodle pip people. Have fabulous weekends.
I have that iphone app too, so many tasty recipes! Well done on the squats and sit ups - I think thats very good - something is always better than nothing! Hope you have a good weekend too x
ReplyDelete