Monday, 23 August 2010

Hen weekend...

Well I am back from a weekend of frivolity (and excess) in the sun. Jillian Michael's, as predicted, did indeed kill me. So much so, that I was struggling with movement of any description on Friday and Saturday. A clear sign that it works I guess. My calves still feel somewhat tender. That woman is evil.

So, the weekend was lovely. Weather was amazing, our apartments great. There were 16 of us, so a good mix of people. I danced a lot, drank a lot, walked a lot and slept a lot. My only saving grace was that I drank mainly vodka and was too hot to stuff my face overly. Walking a lot in 30 degrees when you are obese is hard work. My skin is amazing today due to large amounts of sweating. Nice huh? Food wasn't brilliant, but I didn't go mad either. I tried to be sensible, but I clearly didn't point anything. I don't expect the scales will be too kind to me tomorrow, but I'll dust myself off and carry on.

I had meant to attempt Jillian this morning. However thanks to a delayed flight, I didn't get to bed til after midnight and there was no chance of my 6am alarm being headed. I've pencilled her in for this evening - God help me.

I had a very scary incident yesterday at Malaga airport with some mad man taking a shine to me and deciding to follow me around Duty Free. He kept trying to talk to me, was standing far too close and then when I finally thought I'd shaken him off, I turned round to find him filming me on his mobile phone. I told him where to get off more than once, but that seemed to encourage him if anything. Fortunately after about 15 minutes, I was able to find some of our group and he eventually buggered off... Very odd. He obviously had a thing for large bottomed, blonde haired ladies as he was filming me for a good while. Freak.

Anyway, that aside, it was a great weekend. I did wear the toga on Friday night and thought it looked ok, but looking back at photos - white is not really my colour, I look fairly huge. Me and my 2 best mates below - they managed to pull it off a bit better than I did - far too much boobage on my behalf. Dreadful picture of me, but you get the gist.


A picture of me and my 2 little sisters on Saturday night - fortunately I was then allowed to wear my own clothing. On the right is the hen. Hard work being related to these two skinny malinkeys.


So back at it today, I am craving healthy. An Innocent Veg Pot for lunch is on the agenda and then Matt is cooking tonight as he has the day off. I've given him instructions so hopefully all will be good.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I've a lot of blogs to catch up on (oh and some work to do) so I had better get to it.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend, you look lovely in those pics - good for you rocking that toga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time and you looked great in the toga!

    Good luck with the Jillian workout later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely gorgeous in your pics. Way to go flaunting that fabulous natural boobage! Wish I had half yours. (Not that I mean I want one of yours... :-O!)
    Jillian Michaels is THE Queen Of Man. I think you are very brave to even attempt being shredded.

    (yes, I am still around - just very very quiet)

    ReplyDelete
  4. slaps forehead The queen of MEAN, I mean!

    OK, going back into hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a brilliant weekend away. You look fab in the pics, you are so hard on yourself some times y'know! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read your blog for a while but I really had to comment on this one - you clearly can't see what I see! I think you look pretty good in the toga (as good as anyone can look in a bedsheet) and downright smokin' in the other photo. You're clearly gorgeous at any size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!