Today is trying my ability to be good. Up early this morning, 3 mile walk done, 3 BP's earnt. Bosh. 2 packs of Granola Nibbles and 1 pack of Fruity Bits with skimmed milk for breakfast (4.5). Bosh.
Text message from friend who I am visiting tonight to say she is cooking Salmon En Croute with Veg for dinner. Bosh and Aaarrrggghhhhh. Have you seen the points in this? 10 at perhaps the very least (presuming I get an average Salmon Fillet and a sheet of ready made pastry), but more likely around 14-16. Ok, no panic, will have a simple salad for lunch and life will be sweet.
And then... completely forgot I'd arranged to meet another friend for a pub lunch and she called me at 12 to find out if I was on my way as she was there already. Whoooops. So I flew out of the office, Eating Out Guide in hand so I can be super prepared and pick something for 4-5 points at the most.
Well thanks Brewer's Fayre, you have indeed made that tricky. Chicken and Bacon Salad perhaps? 7.5 points. Tomato and Roast Vegetable Pasta perhaps? 12 points. Tandoori Vegetable Curry perhaps? 13 points. Why is it everything you think sounds fairly good, is not? So, a portion of Onion Rings for lunch it was - 3.5 points. I won't mention that I am about to chew my arm off within 90 minutes of eating them. I just hope my friend has dinner ready the minute I walk in her door tonight.
It's SO annoying that WW have such a downer on salmon. I keep forgetting and buying it (guess what I've got for dinner?!). Soooo, 2lbs to go - AND THEN IT'S ALL VIRGIN FAT MISSY! Whoo-hoo!
ReplyDeleteNot to scare the beejezus out of you but I actually put the weight of my salmon fillet in the counter thingy - 8.5 points! Eeeeek. Will have to only eat half of it or something. It's quite big (the smallest fillet they had) but NOTHING without sugar and butter in should be that high. I'm coming over all faint....
ReplyDelete